Have you identified your word for 2013? Don’t tell yourself doing so is too silly or hokey for you. There is real power in making your intentions clear. We’ve all heard that you can’t reach your goals if you don’t know what they are. For me, selecting one word to focus on in my daily interactions and actions is transformative. Life changing. Even more amazing? Putting the power of prayer and meditation behind my word.
My word for 2013 is “Authentic.” The word came to me during a recent vision board session, and I’m so glad I found it! Since I’m being authentic, I have to tell you the word was born out of heartache and frustration that I’ve been feeling. Working towards everything “authentic” encompasses will be something I try to do every day this year, one baby step at a time. Keep reading for more after the photo…
- I’ve been asking God to help me live a fully authentic life, expressing my feelings in love while not compromising my family or myself.
- Authentic means living a life that is true to one’s own personality, spirit, or character. It means sincerely expressing oneself. Authentic means being real. Being genuine.
- The word found me because I am seeking to deepen my relationships with family this year. To connect on more than being related or feeling obligated in some way (big or small) to spend time together. To celebrate just how wonderful each of us really is, and to see the BEST each of us has to offer. To break old cycles and free one other from the boxes we’ve put one another in. To see one another for the adults we’ve become, not the children that we were. I am no longer the same woman I was 13 years ago, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, even 3 years ago.
- Authentic found me because I so desperately want to take my friendships from surface-level (friendly acquaintances or checking in from time to time) to soul-sister level. I want to feel comfortable enough to show up at her house, unannounced and be warmly invited in…and I want to extend the same genuine hospitality. To feel comfortable enough to act silly and go without makeup and to feel free and happy.
So, what are you hoping for this year? Think deeply about this and choose one a word of your own that expresses what you’re seeking this year.
If one thing were to fill your life and break you open in JOY and LOVE, what would that thing be? What did you struggle with last year, that you’d like to change this year?
Need some inspiration?
- Kelly Rae wrote about her word for 2013 (“unleash”) in a beautiful post here.
- Here is the background on the “one little word” concept.
And another photo of the vision board…you’ll notice I put YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and Blog logos on there! Yep! And art blings created using 3 dimensional paint and twinkling h2o’s.
I’m a marketing professional/graphic designer who loves a great DIY (do it yourself) project and an adventure in cooking, art, travel, crafting and sewing. I’m documenting my vegan weight loss journey on my YouTube channel, plus sharing my favorite new inspiring products and recipes.
I Heart Subscribers and Comments!
Subscribe via RSS or via email and never miss a post! Have a comment? I’d love to connect with you. Leave a comment below. I read every comment and do my best to respond!